Wednesday 14 December 2011

1 Australian dollar = 1.00300 U.S. dollars

Hi all, so now that I've been over here for a couple weeks there is something that I want to tell you that I don't care for too much for at all...  It's the cost to stay alive.  Everything is really expensive over here. 
For example; I found a "wannabe" Chipolte, called Guzman y Gomez.

This was my order:  Yeah, $16 big ones for a basic burrito and a tea. Ugh.

Also a beer over here that is comparable to your Budweiser, runs about $9.00 for a pint. Around double what it costs over there in the states, so enjoy!!!

One thing I find very interesting over here is their currency. It's all different colors and much more vibrant and exciting than our plain paper money back in the states. I was in a grocery store today and was $5.00 short, so I was looking thru my wallet, and the cashier said, "don't have a pink one mate?" (I didn't, but I had 3 coins the size of pennies that equal $5.00.)

Here are some pics of the money. It looks like monopoly money, but it definitely doesn't spend like it! It's made out of polymer. A stretchy, paper looking material that doesn't rip easily at all. Also each bill has a see thru spot in the bottom right corner. (Way cooler than our green paper bills in America.)

 
It's all about the Melbas over here!

------------------------------------------

Sometimes I forget that I'm over here to play ball. I get wrapped up in experiencing the new culture, and exploring new things. Don't worry though, I'm still working my ass off to get to the big leagues!

Here is the only photo I have so far of me throwing.

I hope all is going well over there.  Let me know please!!

Cheers
  -Sean

1 comment:

  1. Great pic Sean. You definately look like a big league pitcher and you are pitching like one too. Good for you honey. I love you. Enjoy this time and take pics and journal or put it all in your long term memory. What an experience for you.

    ReplyDelete