Monday 5 December 2011

It begins.

So my journey began in Denver, Colorado on Saturday afternoon, and I reached my destination on Monday afternoon.  It's odd to miss a day... The last time I did that was back in the 80s, and I did not enjoy it.



As I was waiting at L.A.X.  I met a scientist that's working on a cure for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), which is amazing!  I hope someday I can have an impact on the world like this man does.

I tried dressing up in a shirt and tie to get into business class, but it didn't work, they wanted an extra $2,700 for a seat that turned into a bed.  So I changed into some comfy clothes and enjoyed my seat.

Now if you are ever flying internationally, I would definitely recommend flying Air New Zealand.  For 4 reasons:

  1. Captivating, funny, and entertaining safety video starring a funny and flaming Richard Simmons.


2. Good meals, I had the salmon with veggies and potatoes, also every meal they serve came with ice cream after!

3. Good in-flight entertainment.  (I watched a movie, and about 10 episodes of the TV series, Prison Break. "We don't have time" (Scofield whisper)

4. Free drinks throughout the flight.  I was pleased to find this out since I thought you only received free alcoholic drinks if you were sitting in front of that "curtain" in the aisles.  Too bad it was so late, I only partially partook.

Now the first thing I noticed when I got over here, was that things were just not how they should be.  For example the pictures below:
 What the heck is the steering wheel doing on the wrong / right side of the car?!

The streets over here are pretty scary as well.  Everytime I ride in a car I think I'm going to get in a head on collision, because we are always turning into the left lanes, and it just doesn't seem safe to do that yet.
(I'll try and get a video of some of these intersections, it will blow your mind!!)

Now onto the outlets…Needless to say, my chargers didn't seem to fit. They sell these adapters though, so I am able to survive.

Here is a pic of Downtown Brisbane.  They call it the CBD.  It's a pretty neat city, and I will get out soon to explore it! 
We are going to Sydney for my first series, and I will definitely be getting around that place to see what it has to offer! 
Hope all is well back in the States.
Cheers,
              sEaN.

5 comments:

  1. hey honey. I will copy and paste this link to Gpa's email and hopefully he will be able to bring this up. I love you Sean. I got my tix for AU 1/8 - 1/16. I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oklahoma teacher chick finally made a blogger out of you tall tan man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oklahoma Teacher Chick? hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't think of a clever equivalent for "tall tan man" to call you. What about blonde sooner girl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at this again, I think I might stick to public transportation over there.

    Caught up with a scientist? That is wonderful. We all hope we can have an impact on humanity like that.

    ReplyDelete